Essential Paris Digital Map
Restaurants, sights, shopping, attractions, activities, this is my “Best of Paris” map that extends far beyond what I write about in Essential Paris Travel Tips. For example, I’ve got about a dozen boulangerie around the city I consider better than the others, but I only include five in the book. Curious to see the other seven?
Organized into attractions, activities and food + drink, my Essential Paris Map ties together the city’s top attractions with its lesser-known haunts. You won’t find any tourist traps here!
Oh, and it’s super easy to use: From your computer, log into your Google account, download the zip folder after purchasing (you are entitled to five separate downloads with no expiration date), open the KMZ file and then upload to your personal Google Maps account.
One last note: Unlike tourist maps and some guidebooks, no one paid for placement on this map. I don’t offer paid inclusions on my maps. Rest assured, these are earnest recommendations well worth your time and money.
- Upload & save map file from a desktop/laptop computer:
- Unzip the downloaded folder called “Essential Paris Map.kmz.zip”
- On your computer, sign in to a map app, like Google My Maps. (If you have more than one account, ensure you sign into the same one you use for maps on your phone or tablet.)
- Open or create a map.
- In the map legend, click Add layer.
- Give the new layer a name.
- Under the new layer, click Import.
- Upload the unzipped file called “Essential Paris Map.kmz,” then click Select.
- Map features are added automatically and saved to your “My Maps.”
- Access saved map file from a phone/tablet using the map app, like Google Maps.
- Follow directions above to save the map to your Google Maps or other map app account.
- Open your Google Maps app and make sure you’re signed into the same account you used to upload the map on your computer.
- Tap Saved from the bottom menu.
- Tap Maps from the top menu.
- Tap “Essential Paris Map”
- Notify me about mistakes, changes, closures:
- Find something that ain’t right? Contact me immediately. In return, I’ll send you a free book or map of your choice.
See your maps-app help page for more information and troubleshooting advice or contact me at rorymoulton.com.