The Luberon Loop
The Luberon Loop™ is a hiking route in Provence, France that connects fairytale villages, extraordinary restaurants, famed vineyards and ancient sights. The Luberon Loop guidebook details every step of the route with hiking directions and travel information, including the area's best restaurants, hotels and sights.
Every purchase includes:
- Elegant Digital Guidebook: 62-page, full-color PDF features 200+ listings & 100+ gorgeous photos.
- GPS-Guided Hiking Routes: 100% accurate GPX hiking files for any device. Available nowhere else!
- Digital Travel Map: Locate every hotel, restaurant, amenity and attraction with ease.
- FREE BONUS: Hiking France — This bestselling book is a $6.99 value!
What is The Luberon Loop?
The Luberon Loop is a multiday village-to-village hike in Provence, France. The easy-to-follow route pierces the Luberon's heartland of hilltop villages, acclaimed wineries, farm-to-table restaurants and stunning natural beauty. Info to whet your walking appetite:
- 8-12 days and 140 miles / 225 km in total length.
- Perfect two-week vacation of food, fresh air and wine.
- 10 daily stages comprising 5-8 hours of moderate hiking.
- Downsize the loop with 2-5 day variations.
- No camping gear required! Carry only your clothes, snacks and travel essentials.
- Go super slow! Cut every stage in half for a 3-week trip.
- Days start and end in cozy medieval villages with hot meals and showers, comfy beds and plenty of local color.
Where is The Luberon Loop?
The Luberon Loop traverses the hilly, pastoral Luberon, part of southern France's Provence region. Irrigated by the Durance and Calavon rivers, the Luberon enjoys an arid Mediterranean climate perfect for Spring and Fall hiking trips. Situated east of Avignon and north of Marseille, the Luberon's vast network of footpaths links medieval villages, Roman ruins and silent oak forests.
Scouring 27 "perched villages," sometimes at a clip of over 3/day, The Luberon Loop's overnight stops are: (1) Gordes > (2) St.-Saturnin-les-Apt > (3) Viens > (4) Simiane-la-Rotonde > (5) Banon > (6) Forcalquier > (7) Reillanne > (8) Saignon > (9) Bonnieux > (10) Ménerbes
100% Accurate GPX: GPS-Guided Hiking Routes for Any Device
Forget hauling around expensive and heavy topographic maps. All you need is a smartphone or GPS unit. The Luberon Loop package includes GPX, KML and GEOJSON files mapping every step of the route. Simply upload the files to a GPS or map app (like Gaia GPS or Google Maps), then you can see exactly where to go along the route, not to mention it'll show your exact location. Never get lost!
A Ravishing & Detailed PDF Guidebook
With over 200 hotel, restaurant, amenity and sightseeing listings, 106 gorgeous full-color photos and chapters about planning, packing, transit, food and drink, this comprehensive and thorough hiking guide covers everything you need to know.
But it's not just packed with crucial info. The Luberon Loop guidebook features a sumptuous, magazine-style design that will inspire and motivate memorable travel.
Digital Travel Map: Eat, Sleep, Drink & Sightsee Like a Pro
Not only does the PDF guidebook provide listing information like website, booking links and short descriptions, The Luberon Loop package also includes a mobile map for your smartphones and laptops. Simply upload the travel map files to any browser-based mapping app, like Google or Apple Maps, to see exactly where all recommended listings are and how to find them.